The Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) says that phenoxyethanol is
- Harmful if swallowed, inhaled or absorbed through the skin
- Can cause reproductive damage
- Toxic to kidneys, the nervous system, liver
- Repeated or prolonged exposure to the substance can produce target organs damage
- Repeated or prolonged inhalation of vapors may lead to chronic respiratory irritation
This is found in baby products, sunscreen, moisturizers, conditioners, cleansers, makeup, etc.
Learn more at:
✔ Wellness Today by the Institute for Integrative Nutrition
Phenoxyethanol in Beauty Products: Is It Safe?
✔ EWG's SkinDeep Cosmetic Database
✔ Truth in Aging